This course is all about improving your sailing abilities , building confidence and adding performance to one’s skills. Topics learned in previous levels would be revised and tips given how to improvise on lacking ones. One has to show good grip of practical skills learned from the books and during theory lessons. This course is for those who want to learn more and need the confidence of venturing away from the bay and hiding from the the watch-full eyes of the school’s instructors.
- Performance rigging (shape of sail and mast)
- Rigging for weather conditions.
- Reefing afloat.
- Anchoring and coming alongside.
- Entering a harbor and docking alongside a jetty.
- Planning for a day sailing.
- Reading (understanding) the weather forecast.
- Safety tips and equipment.
This course is covered over two days, lessons start at 09.30 hrs till 14.30 hrs with a short midday break. All equipment would be provided including wet-suits sailing booths/shoes , smocks and buoyancy aids. One has to get his own towel, change of cloths, sun-cream, sunglasses, cap and plenty of drinking water.