- For those who need an RYA Powerboat certificate, they could enquire/apply at our office at Portomaso Marina St. Julians. These courses are given over 2 days and course dates are arranged to accommodate individual needs. Ideally the course is held for a group of 4 persons, but we cater for any number of individuals. Once completed candidates may apply for an ICC (International Certificate of Competence) for more information about this certificate checkout this link: https://www.rya.org.uk/knowledge-advice/boating-abroad/Pages/hub.aspx
Powerboat Handling Level 2
This two-day entry level course provides the skills and background knowledge needed to drive a powerboat and is the basis of the International Certificate of Competence (ICC).
It focuses on low speed close quarters handling, man overboard recovery, an introduction to driving at planing speed, and collision regulations. The course can be taken inland or on the coast and your certificate will be endorsed accordingly.
When applying for an ICC please note:
- Coastal Powerboat Level 2you can apply an ICC for coastal waters and power up to 10m.
- Inland Powerboat Level 2you can apply for an ICC for Inland waters and power up to 10m as long as you successfully complete a CEVNI test.
Requirements & Outcomes
Assumed Knowledge: None. May be preceded by Level 1 Start Powerboating
Minimum Duration: 2 Days
Minimum age: Candidates under the age of 16 will be issued with an endorsed certificate.
- Course Content:
- Boat parts and equipment, safety wear and checklist,
- Preparing for a trip,Launching and Recovery, boat handling, securing to a buoy.
- Anchoring, leaving and coming alongside, man overboard, understanding tide and wind effect.
- Rules of the road, buoyage system, introduction to charts and passage planning.
- Engine check , weather forecast, rope-work and basic first aid.
Ability after course: Self-sufficient powerboater in right condition, aware of own limitations and those of craft.
2 Persons minimum Euro 400.00
3 Persons Euro 350.00
4 Persons Euro 320.00
Prices could be also discussed for large groups e.g. company employees, School groups, clubs etc.